LED (also known as Phototherapy) does wonders for the inflammation of acne and rosacea, as well as repairing and rejuvenating aging skin. Depending on individual skin needs, the LED emits blue light at a specific wavelength known to kill acne-causing bacteria, P. acnes, while red light and infrared light soothes and heals by giving skin cells the energy they need to rebuild and repair. The modulated lightnot only heals skin; it stimulates the body to produce collagen while reducing the level of enzyme in the body that breaks collagen down.LED contains no UV radiation, so it imparts all the benefits of sunlight without any of the damage. It’s non-invasive, non-ablative and non-thermal. That means its completely painless and there’s no downtime, which makes LED Phototherapyremarkably safe and effective for all skin types and ages. Who knew you could drastically improve your complexion while you unwind and listen to your iPod?
Anti-Aging Effects Of LED LIGHT Therapy
As we age, tan, smoke, wash our face and live within the confines of gravity, collagen and elastin breakdown and we see wrinkles, creases and folds in skin that was once taut. LED therapy can reverse the appearance of aging skin, enlarged pores and crow’s feet with a light wave that penetrates far beneath the surface of our skin without causing any damage. It also pulls collagen to the surface to fill-in lines and wrinkles.
- The Cosmetic Benefits Of LED Light Therapy
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet
- Clears blemishes and minimizes pores
- Improves the appearance of skin tone and texture
- Restores skin’s natural collagen production
- Reduces melanin that causes brown spots
- Reduces the effects of sun-damaged skin
- Increases circulation and moisture
- Reduces skin degradation, redness and flushing
- Decreases scarring, redness, dry patches, itching and sensitivity caused by eczema
- Stimulates and activates naturally occurring metabolic function and nutritional elements